Google Plus Instagram Created with Sketch. Left Arrow Mail Phone Right Arrow Search Shape Created with Sketch. caution-sign download info Created with Sketch. info Created with Sketch. info Created with Sketch. Info link-out Created with Sketch. Success x

Presentation: "CVRP CY 2019 Data Brief: Consumer Characteristics"

Provides updated data characterizing EV adopters rebated for calendar-year 2019 purchases/leases:

  • The percentage of rebate recipients that select solely White/Caucasian race/ethnicity is comparable to new-vehicle buyers
  • 62% of rebates went to households with incomes less than $150,000
  • Rebate recipient income is higher than the population, but ~64% of the difference can be explained by new-vehicle buying, leaving only ~36% is specific to rebated EV adoption
  • Rebate recipients continue to be predominantly male and/or home owners
  • Several characteristics are trending toward mainstream consumers, and strategic segments being examined present a pathway forward